22 million Americans used illegal drugs — 6.8% of population
- 17 million used marijuana — 5.3% of population
- 7 million used psychotherapeutic drugs — 2.2% of population
- 1.2 million used cocaine — 0.3% of population
- 0.1 million used meth– 0.03% of population
0.5 million are in prison for drug crimes– up 1000% in the last 25 years.
221.2 million Americans are on a prescription drug– 70% of the population
In 2011 4.02 billion prescriptions were written, which comes to nearly 13 per person.
- 23 million use Levothyroxine for Thyroid problems — 7.2% of population
- 22.9 million use Rosuvastatin for Cholesterol problems — 7.2% of population
- 19.3 million use the proton pump inhibitor Esomeprazole — 6.1% of the population
- 17.5 million use Albuterol for asthma — 5.5% if the population
- 15.5 million use Fluticasone the chronic pulmonary disease medication — 4.9% of the population
- In 2007 Bristol Meyer paid out a settlement of $515 million for illegally promoting their antipsychotic drug Abilify to children and seniors.
From April 2013 to April 2014 Abilify was the highest selling drug at $6.9 billion.
- In 2010 AstraZeneca paid out a settlement of $520 million for pushing doctors to improperly prescribe Seroquel and put patients at risk of death.
- In 2007 Purdue Pharma paid out a settlement of $634 million for selling Oxycontin under a new name with the fraudulent implication that it was less addictive– but it was the same.
- In a currently pending law suit Johnson & Johnson may pay out $2 billion for marketing Risperdal to children.
- And in 2012 GlaxoSmithKline paid out $3 billion illegally marketing Paxil and Wellbutrin
ZERO pharmaceutical executives have gone to prison for drug crimes.
Here is your life in DRUG FREE AMERICA:
Between ages 0-11:
- 49 doses of 14 different vaccinations
- Penicillin (3.7%)
- Asthma and Allergy medications (3.9%)
- Bronchodialators (5.7%)
Between ages 12-19:
- Antidepressants (4.8%)
- Bronchodialators (5.4%)
- ADD drugs (6.1%)
Between ages 20-59:
- Cholesterol lowering drugs (8.4%)
- Pain relief drugs (10.1%)
- Antidepressants (10.8%)
Age 60 and up:
- High blood pressure medicine (19.9%)
- Beta-blockers (26.4%)
- Cholesterol lowering drugs (44.9%)
THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY AND THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY ON DRUGS… ANY QUESTIONS?